Shoof Book Jashe Tagine
“Tagine” means dish cooked over two clay pots
This is a traditional meal served in North Africa (Southern Mediterranean), courtesy of Les Moulins Mahjoub
INGREDIENTS (Serves 4)
1 large onion, cut in slender pieces
5 fresh tomatoes, cut in slender pieces
3 green pepper, cut in slender pieces
3 cloves chopped garlic
3 spoonfuls of Les Moulins Mahjoub extra virgin olive oil
1 spoonful of Les Moulins Mahjoub Traditional Harissa spread
1 teaspoon of ground coriander
- Put a clay pot on fire (it would be “braised fire”)
- Put all of the cut vegetables, garlic, olive oil, and harissa spread all in the clay pot.
- Bring to a boil for ten minutes and add some salt & coriander.
- Lightly beat the eggs.
- Gently stir in the beaten eggs into the clay pot with wooden spoon, to ensure that all are evenly distributed in the liquid.
- Continue cooking with covered clay pot 4 minutes
- Check that eggs are cooked “limply”
- Stop the heat and serve!